Gem Imports Limited (referred to as we/our/us) is responsible for the processing of any personal data that is provided through our website (www.clydeimporters.co.uk) and in any subsequent dealings with our company, and it's processing in order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Gem Imports Limited collects, processes and/or uses the information provided by you (Personal Data) for the purposes of general office administration and performing the customer contract with Gem Imports Limited, general and long-term customer care and personalised customer service, as well as sales promotions, market and opinion research activities (by mail and electronic communications).
Access to your personal data is limited to authorised employees as required for the purposes identified below as well as IT security and maintenance. Gem Imports Limited uses reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data and regularly reviews and improves these measures as necessary to reflect legal developments and/or improvements in available technology.
When registering on the Clyde Importers Limited website (www.clydeimporters.co.uk) the data we require from you is:
- Your name and (if applicable) company name
- Your address and delivery address (if different)
- Your telephone number and/or mobile number
- Your VAT number (if applicable)
- How you heard about Gem Imports Limited
- Your type of business
- Your email address
- Your website address (if applicable)
- Areas (product ranges) you are interested in buying
When you place an order on www.clydeimporters.co.uk the additional information we know is:
- Your I.P address (Internet Protocol)
- The web browser you were using when you placed the order
- How you paid for the order (card, PayPal or on account)
- What products you have purchased
When you visit our website (with or without registering) we know (provided by Google Analytics):
- The URL and page titles of the pages you are viewing
- Your browser name
- The size of your browser window
- Your screen resolution
- If Java is enabled
- Which version of flash you are using
- Your location (this is derived from the I.P address where the hit originated. The I.P address itself is not available in Google Analytics as it is personally identifiable information (PII) which violates the terms of Google)
- The language (derived from the language settings of your browser)
- The contract of sale (between you and Gem Imports Limited)
- The processing of orders, including delivery, invoicing and order confirmation
- To send any service emails or important account information
- To contact you regarding any issues with your account or your order
- To detect and prevent fraud or other crime
- To send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in many ways including by email, (but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications). When you register with Gem Imports Limited, we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, within your 'My Account' section, over the phone or in writing at any time. You can also unsubscribe from any marketing communication we send you. We may also use your answers to 'Your Type of Business' and 'Areas Interested in Buying' to personalise your emails. Example; if you have told us you own a pet shop, we may send you pet product related emails.
We use computer safeguards such as data encryption and firewalls, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job.
We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you. We will reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
All online transactions are made through Sage Pay or PayPal. This means all transaction information passed between www.clydeimporters.co.uk and Sage Pay/PayPal is encrypted using 128-bit+ SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed un-encrypted and any messages sent to our servers from Sage Pay or PayPal are signed using SHA2 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be assured that no information you pass to Sage Pay or PayPal's servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information. We do not store credit or debit card details. This means there is no risk of your personal data or credit card information being stolen by unauthorised access.
You have the right to access and review your personal data. This can be accessed in your 'My Account' section of the website. Here you can review and amend your personal details, you can also view your order history.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you by writing to Clyde Importers Limited, 17-25 MacLellan Street, Glasgow, G41 1RR.
You have the right to request that your personal data is deleted by writing to Clyde Importers Limited, 17-25 MacLellan Street, Glasgow, G41 1RR. For legal and accounting purposes we may have to retain your order history.
To be able to order products from www.clydeimporters.co.uk you must have cookies enabled within your browser settings (most browsers already have cookies enabled). If you block or reject online cookies, you will not be able to add things to your basket, proceed through the checkout process or use any part of the site that requires you to sign in. You will still be able to browse our website.
Gem Imports Limited never permanently stores any personal information through cookies that can be used to identify you in any way, such as your name, your account number or any debit or credit card information.
Our website uses “Google Analytics”, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses persistent cookies to help us determine the number of people that visit clydeimporters.co.uk and to analyse how they use it so we can determine which pages and products on our site are the most popular ones.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers. Google and/or its subsidiaries may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where, (a) required to do so by law; (b) it has a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Google, its users or the public; or (c) such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data it holds. If you would like to read more about Google Analytics or how Google might use your information, please see www.google.co.uk/policies/privacy.
Most web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies, but you can choose to reject cookies and/or delete existing cookies by using your browser settings. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new cookies are placed on your computer or other device. You can find more detailed information about how you can manage cookies including browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies on the Interactive Advertising Bureau's website www.allaboutcookies.org.